This is our blog.
- Christmas Donkey
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama
- My First Kwanzaa
- Santa's Special Letter
- The Littlest Elf
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Dreidel
- Dream Snow
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas
- The Elf on the Shelf
- That's Not My Reindeer
- Light the Candles
- Lil' Rabbits Kwanzaa
- When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
We'd love to see you and your little ones cuddling for a bedtime story, be sure to follow us on Facebook or Hashtag your photo on any social media platform with #LSHinsiders.
Children love to play outdoors! Even though the hot, summer days are mostly behind us, fall brings crisp, cool weather that is in some cases even better for outdoor activities! At first it might seem a challenge to figure out what to do in the new temperatures, so we have put together a few family-friendly ideas that all ages can enjoy!
- Feed the animals! Animals love visitors as much as we love to visit!! Look into local ponds, lakes, or even animal charity organizations.
- Get out and meet the neighbors (or invite them out to play!). Not only is it great for kids to socialize, but they also learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and coordination.
- Ride bikes!
Havea trail? Rediscover it without worry about cars! No trail? Often parks have great areas to ride too! It’s fun to ride with the wind!
- Everyone loves scavenger hunts! Whether it’s finding nature items, or setting one up in the backyard with toys or household times, it is something kids of all ages love!
- Find a local pumpkin patch! At the very least it is a great place for photos! At some of the larger ones, they often have games, contests, hay to climb, snacks, petting zoos, etc.
- Decorate for Halloween or fall! For big kids carving pumpkins is fun, for little ones, they can draw on or use stickers to decorate!
- Attend or have a Halloween event! Local businesses often have fun events for everyone!
- Go on a picnic and fly a kite! Jump in a pile of leaves!
- Borrow activities from a fair or party! Bob for apples, have a pie eating contest, dress up and take photos!
- Take a nature walk! You can also add in #4 here too!
Whether you use one idea or several, these tips should help you to get outdoors and enjoy the fall weather and fun season with your loved ones!