This is our blog.
Not sure what to pack and how to entertain your children while on a winter vacation? Whether your family is packing for ice-skating, snow tubing, ski school, sledding or simply, building a cute snowman and enjoying the mountain resort! We've geared up a few packing Must-Have items that will make your trip joyful and less stressful!
A few of our favorite family friendly snow resorts are Big Bear, Dakota Mountain, The Peaks Resort, or Woodloch Pines. These are just a few beautiful winter wonderlands that your little ones can have fun!
Most resorts have great rental items like sleds, snow tubes, ski equipment, waterproof pants and jackets. However, you may forget a few of these items:
- Warm Hat without a Pom Pom (great for wearing with helmets)
- Waterproof Clothing, don't forget the Gloves!
- Snow Boots
- Mini First Aid Kit
- Hot Hands Warmer
- Sun Screen
- Insurance/Medical Card
A great way to make your trip extra special for your youngest children is to take along some craft items to make mini snowmen. Just pack a little snowman kit with infant hats, buttons for eyes, fuzzy pipe cleaners for arms or scarves! Merry Christmas!
Imagine the endless fun your children will have as they doodle hearts, smiley faces, monsters, flowers and maybe even Olaf the Frozen Snowman with a pallet of washable chalk paint! With a few ingredients you have at home, you can easily entertain any toddler and older children, let the sun shine on their bight little faces and join them for the fun. This easy DIY Chalk Paint recipe is washable, won't stain and can be rinsed off the driveway with a quick splash of water.
Children love to play outdoors! Even though the hot, summer days are mostly behind us, fall brings crisp, cool weather that is in some cases even better for outdoor activities! At first it might seem a challenge to figure out what to do in the new temperatures, so we have put together a few family-friendly ideas that all ages can enjoy!
- Feed the animals! Animals love visitors as much as we love to visit!! Look into local ponds, lakes, or even animal charity organizations.
- Get out and meet the neighbors (or invite them out to play!). Not only is it great for kids to socialize, but they also learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and coordination.
- Ride bikes!
Havea trail? Rediscover it without worry about cars! No trail? Often parks have great areas to ride too! It’s fun to ride with the wind!
- Everyone loves scavenger hunts! Whether it’s finding nature items, or setting one up in the backyard with toys or household times, it is something kids of all ages love!
- Find a local pumpkin patch! At the very least it is a great place for photos! At some of the larger ones, they often have games, contests, hay to climb, snacks, petting zoos, etc.
- Decorate for Halloween or fall! For big kids carving pumpkins is fun, for little ones, they can draw on or use stickers to decorate!
- Attend or have a Halloween event! Local businesses often have fun events for everyone!
- Go on a picnic and fly a kite! Jump in a pile of leaves!
- Borrow activities from a fair or party! Bob for apples, have a pie eating contest, dress up and take photos!
- Take a nature walk! You can also add in #4 here too!
Whether you use one idea or several, these tips should help you to get outdoors and enjoy the fall weather and fun season with your loved ones!